Sunday, September 15, 2013

WHY DID MS HAVE TO TAKE MY SUMMER AWAY FROM ME?


I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year! I love the outdoors and want to be out there with everyone else enjoying the summer, but cannot because of the heat. If you want to see someone that is totally useless that is me after about an hour outside in the heat. Even 75 degrees is to much for me anymore.

I used to spend all summer outside doing things, tanning and just having fun. But because of my MS I can no longer do that. I feel like a hermit in the summer. Yeah I have a cooling vest but it only lasts 2 hrs if it isn't over 90 degrees. But here it gets in the triple digits all summer.

I really miss the outdoors. All winter I am outside without a jacket because I love it! I flourish then. Why did MS have to take the summer away from me? I even had to put an air conditioner in our kitchen so I could can! Now who does that? People with MS that love to can and summertime!!!

I guess we learn to adapt to what the MS has taken from us. I just wish I could enjoy summer again!