Saturday, September 14, 2013

MY COLUMN INCLUDES TIPS THAT HELP ME DEAL WITH MS


I have found over the years (diagnosed in 97) that you have to learn to go with the flow.  If you get a new symptom don't panic as that will only make it worse. I call my Doctor and go in and see him and tell him what is going on. Now mind you don't think that everything that happens to you is related to you MS because it isn't.

EDUCATE YOURSELF! The more you know the less likely you are to panic when something new happens. Some people prefer not to know what could happen and that's fine because not

EVERYTHING is going to happen to you.  But educating yourself about symptoms, treatments and new research are powerful tools to help you through this.

This next thing is my personal way of handling what MS has done to my life.

I don't sweat the small stuff. I have a good day and I will push my limits. I am going to have a life regardless of what the MS thinks. I pay for it the next day when I do push it but I can honestly say that I have lived my life like I want to. 

I am not letting MS take that away from me. Yeah, it may not be what I envisioned for myself when I was younger but it is still living. And I will do whatever I need to do to do that. Life is short enough as it is. And always remember you are not alone. We are here to help you through the rough patches!!

HugZ